In January 2014 Paul had appeared on 'The Only Way Is Essex' on ITV 2, gaining the support of Gemma Collins. He was already supported by good friends James Locke and Daniel Osborne, of which he met through twitter and taking part in celebrity football matches for various charities. In September 2014, Paul provided the entertainment alongside Chris Andre at Danny & Sunny Andre's wedding in Cyprus; resulting being mentioned in October's edition of OK! Magazine and gaining wonderful support/friendship with the entire Andre family, including Peter Andre.
He was featured on Britain's Got Talent as a contestant which was aired on Saturday 25th April 2015, ITV 1 performing "Hold You In My Arms". During the performance he famously forgot his own words but ended with a standing ovation; bringing back the phrase "whoop whoop". He received three yeses (from David Walliams, Alesha Dixon and Amanda Holden) and won a record deal with David Walliams; but did not get past the next round into the semi-finals. 11.9 million people tuned in to watch this episode, which overtook Eastenders: Live as the most watched television programme of 2018 (later to be overtaken by the Great British Bakeoff). Being drafted as the reserve act for the finals to include signing a pre-contract with Syco/Sony, Paul attended live rehearsals at Thames Television headquarters in London. Since not reaching the finals, a massive uproar was introduced by fans as the show was not the same without him and he became very popular on social media; resulting in being interviewed on Fubar Radio and attended his first film premiere titled 'Kill Kane', starring Vinnie Jones. Also in May, Peter Andre had written an article in New! Magazine stating "Yes, I'm a fan".
In 2016 Paul became a patron of 'Stacey's Smiles', in memory of Stacey Mowle. On the 3rd May saw his appearance alongside his father, Derek on ITV's Judge Rinder; gaining the support of The Sun newspaper.
He has helped raise thousands of pounds for numerous charities and continues to be an established favourite to the public.
FULL NAME: Paul Jonathan Manners
DATE OF BIRTH: 25th February 1984
PLACE OF BIRTH: Northwick Park Hospital, Brent
STAR SIGN: Pisces
FATHER: Derek Manners
MOTHER: Linda Manners
BROTHER: Richard Manners
EYE COLOUR: Blue
HAIR COLOUR: Brown
KNOWN FOR: Britain's Got Talent (2015, Episode 3)
Forgot his own words, whoop whoop, 11.9 million viewers
Simon in Dead Ringer (2018)
ACHIEVEMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Performing/hosting/appearing at many charity events (including celebrity ones).
- Hosted/DJ/performed at Peter Andre's brother's wedding in Cyprus 2014 (mentioned in OK! Magazine - Issue 951, page 42).
- Britain's Got Talent 2015 (3 x yes).
- Peter Andre "Yes, I'm A Fan" (New! Magazine).
- Judge Rinder 2016.
- Supported by The Sun newspaper (showbiz).
- Supported by many other celebrities within music and entertainment.
- Headlined the very first Clacton Sea & Beach Festival on Saturday 4th July 2015.
- Celebrity charity patron for Stacey's Smiles (Stacey Mowle Appeal).
- Influencing children in education during school visits.
- Helped raise over £1000 by appearing and performing at a care home in Bognor Regis.
- Nominated for the 'Celebrity Of The Year' 2017 Diversity Award.
- His first film acting part is Simon in Dead Ringer.
- DEGREE (Thames Valley University - West London)
- A/AS LEVELS (Stanmore College - North-West London)
Music (A LEVEL)
Information Technology (A LEVEL)
Business Studies (AS LEVEL)
Media Studies (AS LEVEL)
- GCSE (Park High School - North-West London)
Science (Double Award)